Emerge’s boys program is a 12-week program just for boys. Much like our girl’s program boys participate in weekly sessions that develop skills for independent living such as cooking, nutrition information, personal hygiene, goal setting and developing values, street safety and elements of physical activity. Through exposure to positive role models and mentors from the community during the program, boys become empowered to become positive and valuable members of the community.
All Emerge program participants are invited to undertake work experience in the Emerge food van during their participation in the program to provide workplace training and job confidence as well as to further develop their skills in cooking and nutrition.
The program runs weekly for 2 ½ hours per session and participants are invited to drop in anytime to access mentors and resources in our dedicated youth space.
The program focuses on empowering young men
The program is open to 8 young men per intake aged between 14 – 19 who may be;
- Transitioning to independent living after foster or residential care
- Are disengaged or at risk of disengaging from education or training
- Exiting youth detention or under a youth justice order
- Undertaking acute mental health care
- Exiting rehab facilities
- Identify as having a need to undertake the program for best future results.